Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My favorite time of the year!!





This month is one of my favorite months of the year. Not just because March happens to be my birthday month but also because of March Madness. I love the first two days of the tournament the best because its literally like almost 24 hours of basketball. So how could it be wrong? Right? lol


I am extra happy this year because my team UK actually made the tournament. Thank God. and we are playing are rivals in the sweet 16. Unlike the final four when I was extremely nervous this year I am really excited!. One reason is because UK has nothing to loose. It's like the roles has been switched around compared to the final four. In the final four UK was heavily favored and if we lost it would be so devastating. 




       


I really love it this week as well because of the #LouisvilleHateWeek, and all the trash talking both sides do. And also because since the SEC tournament UK has turned a corner for the good and I love it!! We are the most underrated team in the tournament. The section committee gave us an 8 seed that we didn't deserve, and we are sticking it too them. Especially when we beat the number one seed in our region. I really think the section committee did a horrible job with a lot of the seeding this year. 

Its so funny every time someone ask me when my birthday is and I say March there always like so your a St. Patrick's day baby and I am like umm nope I am a MARCH MADNESS baby!! 

Not only is the City divided between UK and UL fans what I like even more is the two Coaches; Coach Cal and Pitino can't stand each other what makes this rivalry even better!!! 


Also we can't forget the great social media usage of March Madness as well. UK and unfortunately UL both have a pretty big showing on social media accounts especially on Twitter with their hashtags. For UK its probably #BBN and for UL probably is #L1C4. But even NCAA as a whole has some Twitter Trends. For example the biggest one is # MarchMadness. 


So my prediction for this game is of course I am picking UK over UL. Going to be 65 to 55. GO BIG BLUE!!!

Hope yawl enjoyed my post on March Madness. Until next time.

Thanks,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment