Friday, January 17, 2014

What is Social Media?

I was lucky enough to grow up in the generation where social media was always there. Back in my day it started with Myspace. Then in middle school Facebook came out. I had a facebook account but wasn't really sure how to use it. Needless to say it was real confusing to me. Then in High school everyone had a Facebook account. If you didn't you was lame. I began to realize how popular it really was getting when a lot of my family members started using Facebook. 

First off is a Social Media Video. Its about the new Social Revolution that i started. This video is from 2013. I like this video because it has a lot of WTF moments in it! lol 
This video was taking from YouTube. 

As the video mentions social media has became a revolution. So many people now a days are on all of the forms of social media. Rather it is Twitter, Facebook, blog sites such as Tumbler, Blogger, or WordPress, picture/ video sites such as vine, snapchat and Instagram. Also there is pinterest. I believe that this society and this generation is evolving to the online community.  Heck now days people use online shopping sites such as Amazon and E-bay. And lets not forget about online dating which has in the last 10 years became real popular. On USA today they posted a study that said now more than a third of the marriages start online. Here is the link. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/03/online-dating-marriage/2377961/

Social Media to me is away to stay connected to friends and family. I even can stay in the loop with my favorite TV shows if i missed them, or even stay ahead of the game in the sports world. What is also nice about social media is the whole concept of second-hand viewing. Which basically is using a tablet, iPad, smart phone or laptop to tweet along with fans from TV shows or even athletes. Some of the time even the actors or actresses will tweet along with you. 

But there is always that dreadful thought that Social Media can get you in a lot of trouble. My word of thumb I always try to remember when posting is to post only things that you would show your grandma or an older relative. I follow this because of Google. Now all some one needs to do is type your first and last name and they can find everything you post. 

Well that is my view on Social Media. Hope you enjoyed it. 

Thanks,
Brittany


No comments:

Post a Comment