Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ice Dancing!!

So I am doing my required post for this week on the Olympics and one of my favorite events this year. I honestly prefer the summer Olympics better then the winter Olympics but I am watching a lot of the winter Olympics, probably more then I ever have.

This year I am really becoming fond of the figure skating, in particular the Ice Dancing. Even though Ice Dancing hasn't had it's individual competition yet just team I really like the two USA ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White. The way they flow together is so graceful. They said that they started skating together when Meryl was 7 and Charlie was 9. That is amazing to have so much chemistry and still be able to flow together.

This is a video of them skating in this years Olympics for the First ever Team Figure Skating Competition.

Another interesting fact that they mentioned during there performance was that there Mother's travel every where with them and are actually in Sochi Russia cheering them on. I think that is really cool because there mother;s are what got them dancing together.

Here's a few pictures of them:


 Meryl Davis and Charlie White when they won the Bronze in team competition!





On the left is when they first came out and on the right is what they look like now!








Their mother's that follow them every where and are probably their biggest fans, and supporters!!

If your still not sure what you thing about Ice Dancing- Figure Skating his is an article that previews the matches in the Olympics. Oh and by the way Meryl Davis and Charlie White are the favorite to win Gold in the individual competition!! Go TEAM USA!! http://bit.ly/1dpDSXC 

Hope yawl enjoyed my blog on Ice Dancing. Until next time!

Thanks,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment