Friday, February 21, 2014

Nick Stover +Social Media+Sports=Great!!



This is a picture that Nick Stover showed us in class of the events that he got to go to.



Nick Stover came to speak in my social media class today. It was real eye opening. I really enjoyed hearing his perspective of social media and sports. As a sports fan and a user of social media sites I really liked what he had to say. 

First of all he talked about Becoming an Expert on the Right platforms. I really like this point of view because not every platform will work for all your audiences so it is good to decide which ones will work and you may need to test it out see if they work or not. 

I also liked when he talked about Learn the Social Media Signs. He said it is really important to have good content. Rather its schedule, or campaigns. Some example campaigns he mentioned were the NCAA Tourney, Bowl Game and a Countdown. Also Programs.  Next he said Branding. Examples of this is Graphics/Logos, Video, Philosophy, National Presence. The last thing he said was support. Examples of this is the fans, Views, Partnerships, sponsorship's, and fundraising.

Lastly he gave examples of some of the things that he does for UofL. He does the Social Media Hub, Google Glass, Behind the Scenes stuff, Monetization and lastly his blog which is NickStover.org.

I really enjoyed his presentation today in class. It was right up my alley with my two favorite things- social media and sports.

If your a big UofL fan follow him on twitter @ULFlyingCard, he loves to have feed back on how to make your experience better with social media and sports games!

Hope yawl enjoyed my blog on Nick Stover!. Until next time. Have a great day. 

Thanks,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment